Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I thought it would be totally neat to actually blog more than once in the same week so here I am. We had a great family day today for New Year's. We were here together with my sister Raven and my mom. I cooked a bigger feast than I planned. I wanted to experiment with a couple of buffalo wing recipes. I used the marinade in the freezer bag idea that I got here. I was not sure what kind of wings I had a taste for so I made three kinds.
first kind I used
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup of soy sauce
a couple of dashes of Tony Chachere's
4 or 5 slices of jalapeno
dash of garlic
1/4 of small diced onion

second kind I used:
1 cup bar b Que sauce
1/4 cup honey
dash of garlic
1/4 of a small diced onion
Tony Chachere's of course

Third kind I made for me had:
1 bottle of hot sauce
1/2 bottle of Tabasco
3/4 diced jalapeno peppers
1 habenero
lots of Tony's
lots of garlic
1/2 of a small diced onion

I marinaded all of the bags over night. I cooked them all for about an hour and a half on 350 F. Boy were the last ones good and hot. I was tearing up when I got some of the jalapeno but, it was good. I think I am going to tweak them a little and use more stuff in the first two though. The kids loved them though. PJ was full after his second cup of tea but, asked for seconds later. Of course I fixed the usual cabbage and black eyed peas. Had some cornbread too. For desert, of course that's the most important part. We had buttermilk pie. I tried a new recipe. The kids didn't seem to like it as much as the one I usually use out of the Bell's Best book. I didn't make my own shell either. I was lazy and bought one. It must have been a long day because the kids are all asleep now. I think daddy and I are going to sneak some ice cream and watch a movie.
Shalom,

No comments:

Network

Search This Blog